8 Steps to Drive Greater Profit This Year
The holiday season is officially upon us.
If you haven’t already planned your holiday strategy, now is the time!
Don’t fret, we’ve got you covered.
This article will walk you through the steps you need to take to ensure that you’re ready to hit the ground running with your holiday efforts.
1. Review Last Year’s Results
Performing a postmortem on last year’s results can be a great place to start.
- Which channels and campaign types worked that should be revisited?
- Which creative was most impactful?
- What audiences performed best?
- Which promotions drove the most purchases?
- Where did you outperform competitors? Where did they outperform you? (Customer service? Promos? Reliability? Experience?) If you don’t have this data from last year, it might be a little late to acquire it but a great time to start gathering intel on how competitors are performing now for present and future purposes.
If something worked really well last year, then there’s no need to fix what isn’t broke.
That said, it’s still worth testing new tactics, in addition and in replacement of those things that didn’t work.
2. Plan Your Funnels & Start Building Your Audiences
There’s no time like the present to start preparing your campaign mix.
As you think about the campaigns that you’d like to run, consider how you’ll move each prospect all the way through the funnel.
Audiences are a great way to connect the dots between campaigns and there are ample audiences and targeting options that can be used to create a multi-channel funnel.
Think about the audiences that you already have – as well as the ones that you would like to build over the next month. Examples could include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Visitors who viewed a wishlist (and the subsequent content that they viewed, if you have a big enough pool to further segment).
- Visitors who viewed a gift guide (and the subsequent content that they viewed, if you have a big enough pool to further segment).
- Logins to loyalty programs.
Read More Here